Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Essentials, as I live for Jesus


Subscribe:


Scripture
“remembering before our God and Father your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.” -1 Thessalonians 1:3

Observation
Paul encourages the Christians in Thessalonica in his introduction of the quality of their faith, hope and love. The church was previously planted and established by Paul, before persecution made it’s way to them. This left the Christians to develop their faith in a land influenced with idolatry, rituals of religion and questions about life after death.

Sounds like a modern day struggle.

Application
What is essential to cultivate a genuine growing relationship and walk with Jesus?

Remembering, that Christ’s time has been examined by historians.  Faith is not a blind action but a logical reaction to historical evidences. 

To have faith in Christ is key. The work of faith, living out my conviction and belief in Him is part of my Christ honoring responsibility.  

Labor of Love speaks to me in areas I need to live out - especially when I get lazy, weary or when I don’t feel like loving those who irritate me. I have the love of Christ in me - do I have the labor of love living through me?

Steadfastness of hope in Jesus. This speaks most loudly to my heart. My mind, heart, emotions waver. I hope in Christ, but he steadfastness part hits me. I question my steadfast hope in Christ, to really aid me to be a Jesus witness. Especially living out my “work of faith and labor f love” for others.

Bottom line:  Jesus help me cultivate a genuine growing relationship with you.

Prayer
God, once again I find myself convicted.   I’m amazed how much YOU desire to guide me as I come before YOU and be still for a few minutes.  I have lived “less than” I should unto you, towards others. I should know better. I should live better. Thank you for the conviction of Your Spirit, correcting my heart, soul and mind back to You. YOU are my steadfast hope. Please help me to please You.... captivate my heart, my mind, my soul, and help me live in such a way that honors YOU.-Trevor

youR THOUGHTS?

No comments:

Post a Comment