Monday, August 6, 2012

My TRUST Issues

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6 (NASB)

 

OBSERVATION     
Trust requires me to be dependance on someone else.  

Why is it so hard for me to completely “trust” in the LORD?  Why is it so difficult for me to “trust” others? 

            Being let down....  past hurts.... fear.... control....

            Okay, let’s look at the rest of verse 5 and 6.... .... God, if I am totally honest - I trust my understanding more than YOURS.  Why? Nothing is better than my ways - I think so high of my own opinion.


APPLICATION =A:
            Okay, how can I apply this to my life?

            1.     Acknowledge that all my “great” ideas ultimately come for YOU.

            2.     I need to take baby steps of trust.... as I develop a relationship with YOU. 
               
                How?     Make time to be with YOU
                        To sit, to read, to listen and interact with YOU.

PRAYER
            God, trust requires an action of me.... to be still.... to interact.... and to respond.  Jesus, help me make time to YOU.  Help me learn to be still and respond to what Your teaching me.  - Trevor


I’d be honored if you would share your thoughts with me.

Check out my blog’s:

Web Connections

No comments:

Post a Comment