Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Reality Check


Reality Check.... check one.... check two....

“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” -Psalm 147:3 NASB 
“Great is our Lord and abundant in strength; His understanding is infinite.” -Psalm 147:5 NASB

I greatly appreciate how genuine the writers of Pslams are.

Psalm 147 is a declaration of praise for Jerusalem’s restoration and prosperity.  Psalm 146 was written declaring the Lord as an abundant helper.  Psalm 145 is a psalm of praise telling of God’s goodness.  Psalm 144 is a prayer for rescue and prosperity. Psalm 143 is a prayer for deliverance and guidance.  Psalm 142 is a prayer for help in trouble. 

Psalm 142 to 147 parallels and reflects a genuine journey with God.  How do I apply this?

  • Life will bring times of troubles and of personal sifting. 

  • Life will bring times where I feel as if I’m at a dead end.... Life just may bring you to your knees in prayer for deliverance and guidance.

  • Installed within most individuals is a desire to be prosperous or rescued.

  • Installed within our DNA is an emotional expression of gratefulness once in the midst of accomplishments / success.  I choose to take the credit for myself or acknowledge that everything is from God (bad / good)

  • Truth: In the midst of life’s circumstances (bad / good) God is there.... waiting... and wanting to meet me right where I am.

  • Truth: God desires to be known.... yet I reject this personal invitation sometimes.... How? Busyness.  Self accomplishments.  Trouble some times.  Good times.... You name it and I’ve made the excuse for not making time to meet with God.
  
  • Bottom line:
“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” -Psalm 147:3 NASB 
“Great is our Lord and abundant in strength; His understanding is infinite.” -Psalm 147:5 NASB

Lord, in the midst of troublesome times, of personal siftings - help me see that YOU are there.  When I feel as if I’m at a dead end (emotionally, physically, or because of circumstances - help me fall to my knees an pray for deliverance and guidance.  Thank you for loving me so much that YOU allow me to walk in my false pride but bring me to my knees.  Thank you for lifting me UP out of life’s trouble some circumstances as I hold fast to YOU and press onward. “Great are YOU Lord, abundant in strength; YOUR understanding is infinite.” -Psalm 147:5 NASB Thank you for walking alongside me in the midst of my reality - YOUR faithfulness is greatly appreciated. -Trevor


Share your thoughts with me.

Check out my blog’s:

No comments:

Post a Comment