Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The WHY Behind Who I Am...



The WHY Behind Who I Am...

“But I don’t care what happens to me, as long as I finish the work of the Lord Jesus gave me to do.  And this work is to tell the good news about God’s gift of undeserved grace.” 
-Acts 20:24 CEV

Observation
Wow!  Paul kicks things off in verse 24 off by making a huge statement, “I don’t care what happens to me, as long as I finish the work of the Lord gave me to do.”

Paul continues to unpack, clarify, and build off his previous statement by saying, “... this work is to tell the good news about God’s gift of undeserved grace.”

Paul’s clear understanding of the work Jesus gave him to do lead him to somewhat of a selfless life.

Application
Personal questions / Application:  
?Do I care what happens to me?  
Answer: Yes, I do care what happens to me!  And I am okay with that... I am not Paul... and I am not wired like Paul... Yes, I want to follow where ever Jesus leads me, but do I care what happens to me, my family, and my friends...  

?How do I discover the work Jesus has for me?  
Answer: For me it’s been..... time.... interaction with him via his word.... more time..... prayer.... more time..... worship.... more time.....

?What is the work Jesus has given me to do?  Be still and reflect on his word, how he has wired me, what is true... Answer: For me the answer is three-fold:
  1. Love God.  How? Interact with his word (bible), prayer, worship.... aka. time with him.
  2. Love others as I love myself.  How? Applying his word to my life.... aka. living out his word for my life.  
  3. Make disciples of all nations.  How? To tell the good news about God’s gift of underserved grace via making room to do life with others.

Prayer 
God, here I am.... please send me.... use me... Lord, capture my heart.... help me love others as I love myself.... and help me make disciples of all nations - telling others the Good News about YOUR gift of underserved grace that you FREELY EXTEND TO ME....
. -Trevor


Share your thoughts with me.

Check out my blog’s:

Web Connections
www.newhopewindward.org
www.drinenfamily.org

No comments:

Post a Comment