Monday, November 19, 2012

Drilling Down Questions: What? Why?


Scripture
"He began teaching in the synagogue and many who heard him were amazed. They asked, "where did he get all this wisdom and the power to perform such miracles?" Then thy scoffed, "He's just a carpenter, the son of Mary and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas and Simon. And his sisters live right here among us. They were deeply offended and refused to believe in him." -Mark 6:2-3

Observation
Those that grew up playing, learning and doing  life with Jesus are found questioning:

Where his wisdom came from? 

How was he in titled or given such power?

As I re-read this passage countless teachings from the perspective that a "prophet is honored everywhere else except his hometown" come to mind.  But there is so much more....

Verse 2-3 really drill down on some personal heart issues for me. "He began teaching in the synagogue and many who heard him were amazed. They asked, "where did he get all this wisdom and the power to perform such miracles?"

As they heard Jesus they were amazed as his ability to communicate, his wisdom, and the power to perform such miracles.  

Okay.... If I place myself in their shoes.... I'm honestly asking, "why him? Why not me?"

What stirs jealously in me?  

Why do I judge others or wonder why them...why not me?

Pride and jealously are key components of down rooted heart issues that often twist the core of my personal character - for the better or worse.

Application
How can I respond to this?
Be still and allow God to sift through core identity issues that have been twisted in my life.

To be still and trust God as he shines his light on these issues.  Trust that He's not wanting to shame me but wants the best for me.

Prayer 
Prayer: I like everyone else am the son of someone and can be mocked.... However, I can also be the mocker....  Okay, God here I am once again-sift me. Correct / straighten out any twisted core heart issues I have and help me trust your hand as you work in my life.  It’s times like this God.... When I sit at your feet without time constraints.... that I really feel connected with YOU.  Thank you so much for caring so deeply! - Trevor

Bottom line: help me make time to really sit at your feet so that I reflect you and give you full access to do what ever in my heart and life. 

Share your thoughts with metrevord@nhww.org

Check out my blog’s:

Web Connections
www.drinenfamily.org

No comments:

Post a Comment