Sunday, January 22, 2012

In the midst of my shortcomings... God does hear!


11 Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?” 12 And God said, “I will be with you.... ....13 Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?” 14 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” Exodus 3:11-14 NASB
OBSERVATION
I’ve wondered at various times if God was really concerned about me.  Does he really see my misery, hardships, and turmoil?  Does God celebrate alongside me?  As I read Exodus 3-5 I found myself laughing, wincing with doubt, and walking in Moses shoes.   Let’s go verse 11, “Moses said to God, ‘Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?’’ “Who am I....”  “Who am I....”  
Who am I, that God should extend His faith, grace, and mercy to me?  What have I done to earn / deserve His favor? I like Moses see my shortcomings, weakness, and faults....
Let’s go verse 13 “Moses said to God, Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?” Let’s go Exodus 4:1, “Moses answered, “What if they do not believe me or listen to me and say, ‘The LORD did not appear to you’?”  and then Exodus 4:10, “Moses said to the LORD, “Pardon your servant, Lord. I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue.”
I love Moses questions!  It so me!!!!  Questions, doubt, struggle, etc.... Leah often asks me, “Trevor why are you so quick to believe in others and not yourself?“ Hmmm.... personal doubts.... I like Moses can see my shortcomings, weakness, and faults soooooo clearly....
Let’s go Exodus 4:11-13 and 18 11 The LORD said to him, “Who gave human beings their mouths? Who makes them deaf or mute? Who gives them sight or makes them blind? Is it not I, the LORD? 12 Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.” 13 But Moses said, “Pardon your servant, Lord. Please send someone else.....  18 Then Moses went back to Jethro his father-in-law and said to him, “Let me return to my own people in Egypt to see if any of them are still alive.” Jethro said, “Go, and I wish you well.”
APPLICATION 
Okay, I like Moses can make all this excuses I want..... Man, I just need to, ‘stop!’....  how!?! 
God I need YOUR help on this one....  Action steps for today: 
  1. Help me put one foot in front of the other following You via faith as I holdfast to Your word.
  2. Help me always remain THANKFUL as You are concern about me.
  3. Help me worship You in faith, love, and obedience.
Let’s go, Exodus 4:31, “...they believed. And when they heard that the LORD was concerned about them and had seen their misery, they bowed down and worshiped.”

In the midst of my shortcomings... God does hear!

Your thoughts?

Trevor Drinen
www.drinenfamily.org
www.newhopewindward.com

No comments:

Post a Comment