Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Spiritual Check UP


Today’s reading: 1 John 1 NASB
SCRIPTURE
This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:5-10 NASB
OBSERVATION
If I was to see a spiritual doctor what questions might be asked?
Looking back on your relationship with Jesus Christ, has there been / are there times in which you loved and submitted to God’s truth and Word? Are there times where you want to go right, but the truth of God is telling you to go left, and you choose left over going right because you knew it was what God wanted? Or do you delight in doing what God commands?  Do you love the truth? Do you trust the truth? 
Hmmm.... I am willing to say that my weight is a little off and my temperature is a little high.... I’m in need of a spiritual doctor... aka a savior....
So, how do I see a spiritual doctor? What do I need to setup an appointment with Jesus?
APPLICATION 
  1. Time: ten (10) to thirty (30) minutes
  2. Bible
  3. Notepad, Paper, CPU (doc), or journal
  4. Pen
Okay, I can make all this excuses I want..... Man, I just need to, ‘stop!’.... God I need YOUR help on this one....
PRAYER 
God, awaken my heart to the reality that YOU really do meet me where I’m at.  I confess that I don’t always believe that and I wrestle with separation from my old ways.... I can’t do this on my own.... help me have a greater desire for YOUR ways that my desires....God, to often I walk alone.... Holy Spirit open up my heart to Jesus Christ!  Make YOUR desires mine.... transform my heart.... transform my mind.....It’s not in the list of things I’m not going to do anymore or the list of things I’m going to do - Help me trust and understand YOUR ACT... YOUR SAVING GRACE.... YOUR SALVATION!!!!  Please, make my heart alive once again to the reality of Christ.... His birth.... His death... and how that transfers to me!  Holy Spirit please do that.... as I once again see this is an issue I’ll go around and around with!  God a questions running around my mind is, “What if YOU don’t?”  Help me keep asking, keep seeking.... Help me daily position myself under YOUR gospel and under YOUR grace until YOU give me the YOUR gift of FAITH.
Bottom line God: My trust needs to be in that YOUR affection for ME is based on Jesus and what HE has done on the CROSS (PAST, PRESENT, & FUTURE)  God, help me NOT return...walking down the path of secret sin - help me NOT play the game where I’m like, “Well let me just go on a long stretch of not doing it, so when I do confess, I can confess it like it’s in my past.” -or- “Let me just come out with half of it but not all of it in the hopes that that little bit of shame will be enough.” Today, I see the need for confession and repentance.... Help me find the place YOU have of grace and mercy verses being stuck in my religious pride.....
- Trevor
Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment