Thursday, February 16, 2012

TRusT - involves 'us'.

TRusT - involves 'us'.

“5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.” - Proverbs 3:5-6 (NASB)








Let’s do this and kick things off via defining, “trust.”  According to Wikipedia, “Trust is the reliance on another person or entity.”  In other words, “Rely on the LORD with ALL your heart.”  Trust & reliance both require an action of dependance on another.  Why is it hard for me to completely “trust” another?  Hmm... Trusting another doesn’t allow be to be in control of the the situation.  Wow.... .... this brings an element of emotional fear into the picture.  Why was fear triggered?  Interesting, this brings things full circle to a personal issue of control / trust.

Okay, let’s look at the reminder of verse 5 and 6. “.... do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.”

Time to make a totally transparent observation!  A lot of the time I trust my understanding more than God’s.

Why? Nothing is more precious to me than the illusion of my own virtue.  AKA: I think very highly of my wisdom / opinion. 

    A-Acknowledge that all my ‘great’ understanding is NOT my own and actually comes from God.
Acknowledging that even my wisdom comes from God does some internally. 

    A-Take baby steps of trust.....
How? This requires me to first do something I have an extremely hard time with: to slow down, to be still! Sitting somewhere quite, opening the Bible, reading it, allowing it to penetrate my life, and then interacting with the text.

Trust requires an action of me.... responding ....  Responding requires me to first listen.  Listening requires me to slow down with the purpose of responding.  This requires for me to pause, relax, breathe, focus, and interact with that which I’m trying to hear. . .

God are YOU asking me to . . . r e a l l y s l o w d o w n a n d b e w i t h Y O U 1 0 0 %?

God help me TRUST in YOU with all my heart and NOT lean on my own understanding. In all my ways HELP me acknowledge YOU, (TRUSTING) YOU will make your paths straight.” - Proverbs 3:5-6 (NASB) - Trevor


Thoughts?

Blog's:



No comments:

Post a Comment