Friday, April 6, 2012

Where am I begin lead? What results am I wanting?


Where do I begin to lead?  What results am I wanting?


often those two question are key in navigate both our current and future destinations.

....thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.” - 2 Corinthians 2:14-15 (NIV)
Let’s do this!  First let’s examine: (vs 14) “thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him.”  Secondly let’s look at: (vs 15) “For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 

Let’s go verse 14.  “thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of Him.”  Okay G, let’s break it down and see how it redirects and hits home.  

    “...thanks be to God...”  As I read these four words I’m reminded of the truth and peace that’s discovered     while “being still and knowing that YOU are God.”  It’s through the process of me slowing down that I gain     a better perspective and obtain a deeper since of gratefulness.... hmm.... there’s also something about     expressing gratitude upfront.  Paul, first expresses his gratitude and then unpacks the why behind his     gratefulness!  Can I conclude that Paul is grateful because God daily leads him in triumph     (emotionally, mentally, physically, and spiritually)? 

Questions:  
How did Paul find triumph via Christ in his daily reality?                                                                            Paul, must have connected his personal business, commerce, relationships, etc.... to all that             Jesus accomplished through his death and resurrection.  

How did that cause Paul to be grateful and find daily victory?    Is it not true that when I’m able to slow down and get a glimpse of the whole picture it affects             every area of my life and naturally spreads to those around me.

Wow, this train of thought rolls right into verse 15.  “For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.”  

My Personal Application=I need to keep my desired results / my end goal in the forefront of my mind.
My Personal Application=I can not place a high enough value on slowing down and sitting at Jesus feet.!
Why?  It’s there I’m changed.  It’s there my heart and mind are relined.  It’s there I’m able to gain a better perspective.
How? -perspective (mentally / physically), -gratefulness (emotionally / physically), -daily *as I connected everything to eternity verses the smallness of my personal life (reality / spiritually).

No comments:

Post a Comment