Friday, January 3, 2014

ReThinking About Personally Getting Divorced or Separation in 2014

You've probably already come to some assumption or conclusion, but before you make an ass of yourself know I will not be leaving my wife, that’s simply not the case. I’m leaving someone else. Someone that's much younger and someone you may not know about. Someone who's become a good friend but pulls me away from spending time with my wife, my children, and who has even pulled me out of bed during the midnight hours.

What's her name?  How long have I been with her?  Does my wife know?  Her name is iPhone 4s. She’s attractive, slim, extremely smart, funny, reliable, and keeps me in contact with all my distant family and friends + up to date with all the trends. Although she’s always close by my side, I can not help but be honest and take notice that she is keeping me from those that are more important.
She’s really good at keeping my attention. So much so that I’ve been known to completely ignore people when they are trying to have a conversation with me. She's always on my mind as she tempts me with her apps, instead of enjoying the moment un-distracted. 
Apparently she's even conceived and multiplied!  Under my pillow or on the couch I've found an iPad and not a mouse!  Then to my amazement I see my sons chatting with each other - o' - not face to face but while gazing deep into ipad space!  I can’t help but notice she is slowly infecting my social life, my marriage, and the lives of those around me. Many people act like it’s no big deal, but today I find myself rethinking divorce.
Today, my phone become an accessory, not a priority!  I've gone deep into her settings and enabled, "Do Not Disturb" and silenced all her "Notifications" that call to me in the night.
My personal 2014 challenge: Spend a significant amount of time off engaging those around me, getting back to making deep, genuine personal relationships; while disciplining myself to staying in contact with distance family and friends via my social media accessory on a my limited time.
The reality is, the majority of people all married to or having an affair in one way or another.
Mind you. Not everyone struggles with this. But I hope you will take this into consideration regardless.
  1. Learn to balance the time you spend on your phone.
  2. Make your phone an accessory rather than a priority.
  3. Give yourself limitations as to when and where your phone can be used.
  4. Control how you use your phone, and stop allowing your phone to control you.
  5. Try spending parts of your weekends unplugged, offline, and away from your mobile device.
In 2014. Will you join me in discovering balance & fighting for genuine relationships? Share this with a friend, and let’s get down to business.
@trevordrinen
Be honored to hear your thoughts? Leave a comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment